"What makes you uniquely you?"
Welllll... this could be an interesting list! Beyond the fact that I was created to be me, with my own soul, here are some characteristics, the combination of which you probably couldn't find anyone to match perfectly. :-)
- I am Katie R-- B------ Hodge
- I have spent my entire life in Southwest Ohio.
- I have a B.A. from Miami University, where my parents met, dated and married and where my little brother is a senior.
- I earned this degree three years after graduating high school... I took a full freshman year of college during my senior year of high school, at a branch campus of Miami.
- I am an aunt to a beautiful niece and a rascally (cute-as-a-button) nephew, thanks to my big sister.
- I have my daddy's nose, and my mom's expressive face.
- I seem to be the only person in my family with green eyes.
- I have a few more medical conditions than seem really necessary--Type I diabetes, polycystic ovarian syndrome, ADHD, major depressive disorder, allergies (don't laugh--this might be the crappiest on the list when they get bad!)... blahblahblah...
- I met my husband on an online dating site. It's okay to look :-)
- All of my grandparents are still alive and feisty!
- Spiders give me nightmares. Literally.
- The key to my heart: office supplies.
- I love a crafting challenge, and can usually meet it. I made a sea shell bouquet for a friend's wedding... and had no idea what I was doing. It turned out great!
- My favorite color is blue, which is a big surprise to a lot of people. I wear a lot of pink, decorated my dorm room and my room at my parents' house in pink... Love blue.
- I have a dry, slightly morbid sense of humor... funeral director's daughter.
- I love to bake... it makes me feel domestic.
- I hate most other domestic tasks.
- I love being a teacher's wife... just conjures up a cute, smart, conservative little woman, no? And I love my teacher <3
- I'm a pretty good mix of mountain and city folk, with some ancient regal and Native American thrown in for good measure. And Irish... can't forget the red highlights and temper. ;-)
- I kill plants. I just do.
- I have the heart of a servant. I used to volunteer as a Rape Crisis Victim Advocate, and for years as a candy striper. I hate to see anybody lonely or scared, and will do everything in my power to change that.
- I have been employed as: a yogurt girl, cashier, mall cop, and substitute teacher. And they're not as different as they sound.
- My first career ambition was to teach pigs how to cut hair. After that, to be a stay-at-home mom like mine. I've come back around to SAHM, but not back to the porcine cosmetology instructor... we'll see.
That's long enough, I reckon... I may or may not have told you anything you didn't already know, but... I had fun writing it :-)