As I was digging through the spring clothes that I still have in a ginormous tub from moving, I discovered the cutest little white skirt that I COMPLETELY forgot I had - even though I'd apparently worn it at least once, since the tags were gone. That's what I get for not rotating my clothes, but this whole apartment thing is transitional, soooo... no guilt.
Anyway, since I was pretty thrilled about my "brand new" skirt, I decided to do some hardcore Pinteresting for cute ideas of how to wear it. I found three (THREE!) adorable outfits that I LOVED and already had all of the pieces to do a pretty good version of each of them.
My absolute favorite was this one with the dark blue print top and the white skirt.
- Dark Blue Print shirt: I have no idea anymore. But it's pretty sheer, so I wore a cream-colored cami under it. (Because I forgot to pack my white one, and couldn't find my navy one. Have I mentioned that my clothing situation is a little disorganized?)
- Cami: JC Penney (I love these camis... they're Worthington brand and come in a ton of colors. Currently, it looks like the color selection is pretty limited, but the colors seem to come and go seasonally - check out the photos attached to this listing! They're super-soft and they have pretty lace that is high enough to be reasonably modest, and NO shelf. Which is important for a busty girl!)
- White Skirt: JC Penney (also Worthington)
- Brown Sandals: Maripé
- Necklace and Earrings: Always, Katie
- Puppy: One of a kind.
I have the perfect shirt for this, one of my absolute favorite shirts! I don't have a skinny brown belt, but I do love my wide stretchy belt... especially for the hourglass effect :-) I wore this out to supper with some of our best friends :-) It was the day after some big storms came through Southwest Ohio (where my in-laws live and we were spending some lovely time)... so it was crazy-windy out!! See?
- White Skirt: Same as first set!
- Pink Button-Down: JC Penney. I swear, I don't get ALL my clothes there.
- Belt: Kohls, a couple years ago.
- Brown Sandals: Same as first set.
- Pearl Necklace and Earrings: Valentine's Day gift from Ethan <3
And here is my last inspiraton outfit:
I have two summery scarves, one of which I thought would be really neat with the white-on-white look. I did end up wearing it with a white shirt and jeans a couple of times this month, and I'm not entirely sure I would have without seeing the above pin. I really do love these scarves, but I almost never wear them, mostly because I a) forget about them b) have a hard time wrapping my mind around the "a summer-weight scarf is a chunky necklace" rule. Getting these two into the rotation is one of my summer fashion goals... so that maybe I can justify another one or two in the near future. ;-)