I am so excited to announce that I am going to be hosting my very first photo challenge on Instagram, starting February 1 and running through Valentine's Day! The prompts all have a Valentine-y feel to them, but can be interpreted in numerous different ways that aren't necessarily lovey-dovey and romantic. :-)
I'm offering a prize for this challenge, a pair of cute little springy/summery dragonfly earrings, handmade by me! (A rarity nowadays... I don't get to make nearly as much jewelry as I used to make.)
Now, I am TERRIBLE at keeping up with photo challenges, despite my best intentions. I never (never) make it more than a week! So that's why the challenge is only two weeks long, and why I'm sharing the prompts SUPER early, so that you can get a one-week head start on planning and gathering your pictures. (I've already started... can't not finish my own challenge!) Go ahead and take some pictures, save them in your IG drafts (is that the BEST new feature, or what?!), just remember not to post them before the challenge begins :-)
Some basic ground rules, which will all be covered on my official IG announcement as well:
- Interpret the prompts however you want, but please try to stick to the prompt of the day!
- Sharing the official announcement/prompt photo counts as one entry.
- Must be following me to be eligible to win!
- Your profile must be public, or I won't be able to see your entries. Which would be a bummer.
- Only one entry photo per account, per day, please! I won't really be able to police it, so... honor system!
- Only entries with #AKValentineChallenge will be counted.
- Winner will be chosen on February 15, 2017. I will pull up the hashtag page, count the number of entry photos, use random.org to pick a random number between 1 and the total number of entries, count that many entries from the oldest to the newest, and that photo will be the winner. If that photo is one of mine, I will choose a new number using random.org. :-)
- This isn't a rule, but would make my community-lovin' little heart happy... cruise the hashtag, get to know the other participants, share the loooove! :-)
Yay? Yay!!! I'm looking forward to seeing all your pictures and getting to see how you interpret these fun prompts! <3
Happy planning and picture-taking!