What's the meaning behind your blog title and why? Do you believe you have upheld the meaning's purpose?
I mention the meaning of “Always, Katie” in the introduction section of my Etsy shop (which is closed for the summer due to travel), but I don’t believe I’ve ever really explained the name here.
For several years, I have signed all of my written correspondence “Always, Katie,” “Love always, Katie” or simply “Always.” They started out as almost instinctive, but when I really thought about why that is my go-to sign-off, it seemed that to me, these phrases express the constancy I strive for in my close relationships… that I will always love, support, warmly regard, pray for, walk with, think of, and/or stand beside my friends, family and others in my circle.
|A fairly good-sized sample of people I love!|
- I communicate with my friends, family, customers, and potential customers through this blog.
- I communicate with my customers to create custom pieces or help them pick out ready-made-pieces.
- Art is a form of communication in itself. While I usually involve my customer in the creative process, the finished piece still communicates something of me as the artist.
- Often, my customers gift the jewelry they buy from me to someone they love – which is another form of communication. They are communicating their thanks, love, well-wishes, or other feelings.
- Whoever is the final owner of jewelry I make uses it to communicate with the world. They may communicate their love of certain colors, their pride in their family, their stylishness, or even their devotion or connection to certain causes, sports or teams.
|Domestic Violence Awareness|
|Made for a repeat-customer-turned-friend's wedding!|
|Made for a friend to give her sister (another friend)!|