Sorry I've been so quiet for a while. (Ha! Nobody's EVER accused me of THAT before!) I've kept up on all of the blogs I follow, but haven't gotten around to posting myself. Lots of stuff is going on, and I'll try to post in more detail about most of it later, but... here's a list...
- My husband had a birthday. I made a cake. This is a big deal, because cake bought at a certain grocery chain used to be the gold standard by which he and his family measured cake. (And it WAS amazing--we even used their bakery for our wedding cake.) But the recipes there have changed, and we've been shopping around for a new bakery. I think I got the job ;-)
- The lovely bride I made some jewelry and a bouquet for got married... and I have permission to share pictures!
- I have been nauseated and exhausted for four days now. Still too early to POAS, but... we're hopeful. Funny... if I felt like this at any other stage of our lives, I'd have seen a doctor three days ago.
- I also started two new online graduate classes... one of which just might kick my butt.
- My bff gave me a super-cool jewelry project to work on... a little bit of modernization for a piece of her mother's that she has "adopted" recently :-) Here's a sneak peek at the "before"... you can't see all of the "afters" until Kate has!
- I have committed to having yummy home-cooked meals ready when my husband comes home from work (most of the time). To that end, I have started freezing meals, and tried one fantastic easy recipe I'll share later. And, yes, I'm doing pretty well so far. Of course, it IS only the first full week of school, and I HAVE used Tuna Helper once.
- My Grammie was recently diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma... I'm a little scared, of course, but my Grammie is tough and has faith that she'll be okay. With her determination, how can I be anything less than optimistic? But we WOULD REALLY appreciate prayers for her... the treatment includes chemo, so she has a tough journey ahead.
- I'm doing another wedding! This one includes necklaces and earrings (or hair decorations for an un-ear-pierced girl) for a bride, a junior bridesmaid and FIVE bridesmaids! I am SO excited... especially since the bride is someone I've been getting to know pretty well, and I'm beyond excited about the wedding, marriage, etc... not just my sparkly part. :-) This will be the kind of family feel-good books are written about! This is the bridesmaid dress--doesn't she have wonderful taste?
- I do intend to finish the Proverbs 31 series... eventually. It will definitely not be the next ten(ish) days or the next blog posts... but eventually.
- I promised a giveaway when I discovered I'd written my 100th post... haven't forgotten, and it's gonna be cool... just been a bit preoccupied!